We are here to make sure students can understand, articulate and apply their liberal arts education.
The Liberal Arts Advisement and Careers Center is committed to helping students throughout their time at BYU, from incoming freshmen to seniors ready to graduate. We can help find the right major or minor for you, no matter your interests or career goals. We help students create and implement academic plans in order to ensure graduation in a timely manner with full career preparedness.
Our primary goals are to help students find and prepare for career opportunities after graduation, and to help students discover the career path they wish to pursue.
In our center there are two types of advisors, see below for a list of responsibilites each advisor has.
- Academic Improvement Plans (FHSS only)
- College Clubs/Organizations
- Graduate School Applications
- Job/Internship Resources
- Major Exploration
- Mandatory Advisement
- Prospective Student Visits
- Career Exploration
- General Career Advisement
- Cover Letters
- Mock Interview/Interview Help
- Resume Reviews
- Course Issues
- GE Questions
- Graduation Plans High Hours/Flags
- Letter Requests
- Minor Clearance (Under 90 Hours)
- Minor Drop
- Substitution Recording
- Information About Appeals
- New Student Orientation & Major Fairs
- Major Declaration Processing
- Information About Transfer Equivalencies
- Graduation Questions Before Application Submission