Skip to main content

Change of Major

The Process

  1. Go to MyMap, "Tools", and click on "Change Major Request".
  2. Some majors are open and some are not. Depending on which major you are changing to, you may need to make an appointment to meet a faculty member in your department. They will give you a form to submit to the LAAC office.
  3. If you have more than 90 BYU credit hours, you may submit a major change request form, but you must meet with your major advisor for it to be approved.
    • If it is an open major, LAAC will approve it within 5 business days and you will be notified via Ymessage.
  4. Once your major has been approved, you may plan your courses with MyMap.

*any unfinished activity after two weeks pertaining to your major change request form will result in your request being denied.